Fire Destroys Home Near Wapato
Nathan Bushman walks the burned pathway leading to a burned home.
This was the house he grew up in as a child before it was sold to another family -- it now lies in ashes.
"I can remember learning to ride my bike right here, they had a swimming pool in the back, that's where I learned how to swim," said Bushman, "Some of my first memories are in this house and it's really kind of strange to see it on the ground like this."
Firefighters were called out to the home on Campina Lane just after midnight, they found the home fully engulfed in flames.
Because the flames were too heavy to send crews into, firefighters were forced to fight the fire from the outside. It eventually caused the house to collapse.
Crews were able to knock down the flames after an hour, leaving nothing more than a pile of burned wood and smoldering bricks.
Bushman says it's sad to see his home go, but is thankful for the memories he had there.
"It's still just memories, so they're still there, it hasn't really been taken," said Bushman, "But this is definitely something new to add to it, things are always changing, things always happen."
Firefighters say no one was home at the time of the fire, and they are currently trying to locate the property owners.
Losses are estimated at $100,000.