Stage 1 Burn Ban Called for Yakima County
A Stage 1 Burn Ban has been declared for both the Upper and Lower Yakima County areas. This burn ban has been called due to poor ventilation, dispersion and surface inversion. Projections are that these conditions may last a few days.
During a Stage 1 Burn Ban:
1. All Outdoor Burning, including Agricultural burning, is prohibited;
2. The use of any fireplace, uncertified wood stove or uncertified fireplace insert is prohibited unless it is the only adequate means of heating a home;
3. Certified wood stove, certified fireplace insert or pellet stove/insert use is allowed;
4. No excessive smoke (over 20% opacity) is allowed from any wood burning device beyond a 20-minute start-up; and
5. All violations of the burn ban are subject to civil penalty.