Yakima house fire causes $85,000 in damage

An early morning fire inside a Yakima home causes $85,000 in damage on Saturday.

Firefighters say the fire started around 1:41 AM at a home on the 900 block of South 1st Avenue.

Crews say the home was fully involved when they arrived.

After putting out the flames, firefighters discovered the fire had started in the kitchen.

They say some cooking oil on a stove boiled over and ignited.

Two people were home when the fire broke out - they escaped without injuries.