Smoke Inhalation Kills Vet in Yakima Apartment Fire

<p>Yakima Fatal Fire</p>

Yakima Fatal Fire

According to the Yakima Coroner's Office, smoke inhalation killed a local veteran in an early morning apartment fire yesterday.

Yakima firefighters found 63-year-old Douglas Jewett dead near the living room of his second story apartment.

The Yakima Fire Department said it is still investigating what casued the fire that destroyed all but one room in the house.

It remains unclear whether the smoke detector in the apartment was ever working.