Rock Blasting on I-90 east of Snoqualmie Pass
The Washington State Department of Transportation and contractor crews will close I-90 in both directions starting at a new time next week from 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Monday, May 13 through Thursday, May 16.
The pass was previously closed from 7 to 8 p.m. Crews typically blast an hour before sunset and the longer days allow later closure times.
Earlier this week, blasting closed I-90 for just over two hours. The closures next week are not expected to extend beyond one hour, although that could change depending on the amount of debris brought down.
Traffic will be stopped from the west side at Gold Creek (milepost 54) and from the east side at Price Creek (milepost 61).
This work is weather dependent and subject to change. Drivers are encouraged to use the following tools to plan trips across I-90 this summer:
- · Visit the What’s Happening on I-90 Web page for up-to-date information on construction projects, traffic impacts, travel graphs and to sign up for email updates
- · Visit the Snoqualmie Mountain Pass Web page for real-time travel information and to view traffic cameras
- · Check the weekly Construction Updates Web page and Traffic Web page for region-wide updates
- · Tune into the Highway Advisory Radio at 1610 AM and 530 AM
- · Follow us on Twitter @snoqualmiepass
- · Call the I-90 construction hotline at 888-535-0738 or 511