Coroner identifies man found dead in Pasco motel room

<p>Tahitian Inn</p>

Tahitian Inn

A man who was found dead in a Pasco motel room Tuesday morning died from asphyxiation due to inhaling smoke and carbon dioxide.

61-year-old Pete Martinez of Pasco was found dead in a room at the Tahitian Inn.

Pasco police officers say there was a fire in the room, and it appears to be suspicious.

They have been investigating the death as a possible homicide.

The Franklin County coroner says the manner of death is undetermined.

The coroner says samples were taken and will be sent to the Washington State Toxicology Lab for drug and alcohol testing.

According to his son, Martinez had been living in Washington state for the past four or five months and had moved from Texas.