Ninth Victim Identified in I-84 Bus Crash
The 9th victim in the December 30th fatal bus crash on the Interstate 84 east of Pendleton, Oregon has been identified.
The final deceased victim is identified as 19-year-old RICHARD MICHAEL SOHN, from Bellevue, Washington.
The deadly crash killed nine people and injured 38 others along Interstate 84 east of Pendleton, Oregon. Eight of the injured are reportedly still being treated in a hospital.
The other previously released deceased victims' names are:
* YONGHO LEE, age 75 (female), from Lynnwood, Washington
* YOUMIN KIM, age 11 (female), from Korea
* CHUN HO BAHN, age 63 (female), from Bothell, Washington
* AE JA KIM, age 61 (female), from Gangwon Province, Korea
* OUN HONG JUNG, age 67, and his wife, JOONG WHA KIM, age 63, from Korea
* SEOKMIN MOON, age 55, from Maple Ridge, British Columbia
* DALE WILLIAM OSBORN, age 57, from Spanaway, Washington
Meanwhile, the guardian of two teenage boys injured in last month's deadly bus crash just east of Pendleton has filed a personal injury lawsuit against the company that operated the tour bus.
Attorney Charles Herrmann filed the suit against Mi Joo Tour & Travel late Sunday in Pierce County, Wash., on behalf of two South Korean exchange students, who were among the 38 people injured in the crash.
The lawsut alleges the bus driver was negligent by driving as much as ten to 12 hours a day leading up to the crash, a violation of legal limits on driving time for commercial drivers.
The lawsuit also alleges the driver ignored road signs about ice conditions near the scene of the accident and failed to slow down.
Both of the boys, ages 15 and 16, are foreign exchange students from Korea, currently living in Tacoma.