Fire causes minimal damage to building at Ki-Be High School

<p>School Fire</p>

School Fire

A fire causes minimal damage to a building at Kiona-Benton High School this morning.

The small fire broke out around 10 AM inside the vocational building, which is located near the back of the school.

The school district's maintenance and operations supervisor Mark Noyes, says crews were inside the building doing some welding work to repair a fan, when some sparks started a fire.

The fire caused minimal damage, but the sprinklers in the room went off.

Crews say there is some carpet damage inside a classroom, and a paint booth also received some damage, but they don't think it will affect classes next week after spring break.

"I have the restoration company on the way right now, and they're pretty good about getting it out and functional. So we should be able to just operate, other than maybe the paint booth part, but I'll determine that when they get here" said Noyes.

Crews working on the room say they grabbed a fire extinguisher, and put out the fire before firefighters even arrived.

Nobody was injured.