Coroner Determines Cause of Death For Elderly Woman During Fire

<p>Janice Smith</p>

Janice Smith

The Yakima County Coroner's Office determines the cause of death for an elderly woman who died in a West Valley mobile home fire Friday morning.

The coroner's office says 78-year old Janice Smith died from carbon monoxide poisoning when she was unable to escape from her home.

The fire started around 6 am, crews from West Valley Fire and Rescue responded.

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but investigators are focusing on the electrical wiring in the kitchen area.