Marijuana Gathering Sparks Basement Fire

A group of young adults allegedly smoking marijuana cigarettes spark a basement fire tonight inside a Walla Walla home.

Walla Walla County Undersheriff Edward Freyer tells KAPP/KVEW Local News the fire started after 7 p.m. when a portable blow torch somehow misfired and ignited furniture at the home located on the 1900 block of Pleasant Street.

One man was transported to a local hospital for complications due to asthma.

Freyer says the young adults had medical marijuana cards and that no charges will be filed.

The fire appears to be accidental.