Mold Found In Police And Fire Departments
Months after toxic mold forces Union Gap's city hall to close more mold is found in two other city buildings, not connected to city hall.
City officials say mold was found in certain areas of the Police and Fire Departments.
The city says employees wanted to feel safe in these buildings, and so both underwent a testing process.
The fire chief says unlike city hall, where it's believed that mold may have made some workers sick, he is not concerned about being in the fire station because of the layout of the building.
The issue here is very confined to certain areas of the building that can be repaired as well as our heating ventilation and air systems can be maintainced and done quickly," says Chris Jensen.
At tonight's meeting the city council plans to review the findings and figure out the safest and quickest way to remove the toxic mold.